The Executive Committee are empowered to make Rules of Conduct, binding on all the members fishing the waters of the S&DAF (see constitution para 21)
1. Environment Agency license required. (Juniors 12 -15 Years require a rod license)
2. In case of pollution report the facts immediately to the Environment Agency. Emergency hot line number is 0800 807 060. Also report the facts to the S&DAF Secretary.
3. Members fishing on Federation waters do so at their own risk.
4. Close season for all types of fishing shall apply as follows: (all dates inclusive Poynton Pool, 15thMarch -15th June.
5. Close Season for all coarse fishing on the River Goyt 15th March – 15th June
6. All fish need to be returned to the water dead or alive and must not be used as bait
7. A 1 Rod card still entitles you to fish with 1 Rod, however on purchase of a card stamped 2 Rod you will be entitled to fish with 2 Rods. Multiple rods must be sited on and at the same peg. All anglers must carry with them a current Federation Card and E.A license.
8. All membership cards are the property of S&DAF. On request, all members if asked by a bailiff (S&DAF and affiliated club bailiffs) must hand their card to the bailiff for inspection. Bailiffs may retain the card in the event of a breach of S&DAF rules, (all bailiffs to follow the bailiff guidelines).
8a. The use of electrically conducting line e.g lead core lines is prohibited on all S&DAF waters for electrical safety reasons
9. No member shall fish in a dangerous manner or cause obstruction to any other person.
10. Casting with weights exceeding 1oz is prohibited on all S&DAF waters, except River Goyt where heavier weights may be used.
11. Anglers must not walk onto or wade into frozen waters to fish or to break the ice before fishing. If ice is to be broken to fish, all breakages must be done from the bank with equipment or weights firmly tied to ropes and anchored to the bank side. Loose weights must not be thrown onto the ice.
12. No member shall cause a nuisance or be obnoxious to other S&DAF members or to members of the public before, during, or after fishing.
13. No litter or discarded tackle to be left on S&DAF waters. Anglers are required to remove any discarded litter or line in the vicinity of their chosen peg before fishing and after fishing. ‘Luncheon meat and sweetcorn tins must NOT be taken onto the banks of S&DAF waters. Unused bait or ground bait must not be left on the banks after fishing as this may attract vermin or be eaten by birds.
14. No camping or bivouacking is allowed on the banks of S&DAF waters or adjoining parkland. The use of a brolly tent is permitted between the hours of Sunrise and Sun set.
15. NO NIGHT FISHING IS PERMITTED ON S&DAF WATERS
16. Members must not have assembled tackle one hour before sunrise and one hour after Sunset. River Goyt 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes after Sunset.
17. No fires to be lit at any time on S&DAF waters
18. No physical violence on S&DAF waters, members violating this rule could forfeit their membership.
19. Ground bait may be thrown in by hand or by use of a catapult, throwing stick, swim feeders, bait droppers and bait cups. No other mechanical means of projecting ground bait is allowed i.e Bait Boat.
20. Livebaiting with fish is prohibited
21. No floating baits to be used as a method of fishing on S&DAF waters.
22. Baited hooks in or out of the water must not be left unattended
23. The use of bloodworm and joker is not permitted on all S&DAF waters
24. No fish to be placed on the bankside. When unhooking or weighing, unhooking mats to be used when necessary
25. No keep nets or carp sacks allowed on Poynton Pool, on the feeder canal on Compstall Reservoir or Reddish Vale.
26. Carp are not to be retained in keepnets or carp sacks unless in a bona fide match.
27. The use of keepnets or carp sacks is not permitted at Compstall Reservoir from 16th March to 31stAugust inclusive except in bona fide matches not exceeding 5-hour duration.
28. The following precautions are recommended for fish welfare:
I) Do not keep fish in keep nets longer than necessary, especially with large catches, large fish and during hot weather
II) Use unhooking mats when unhooking all fish
III) Lower large fish within landing nets when returning them to the water, especially where the water is shallow and stony or rocky beds or weeds exist
IV) No spinning allowed on Compstall Water
29. Pleasure anglers are obliged to move from the stretch booked for a match on the showing of a match permit.
30. No ledgering is allowed on Poynton Pool on the Angelsey Drive side of the overflow or within 30 yards of the boathouse. No fishing allowed past the boathouse.
31. No fishing on the roadside between the third peg in from South Park Drive to the first willow tree on the park side.
32. Members fishing Compstall, please at all times fish on the pegs provided and one angler per peg.
33. On the first two pegs on the backwater, nearest the car park, only pole fishing is allowed due to public and wildfowl safety
Weils Disease is an infection caused by bacteria carried in infected rat’s urine and may be transmitted to humans by contact with sewage or contaminated inland waters such as rivers, streams, ponds, and reservoirs. The risk of infection is highest in slow moving or stagnant waters and on surrounding embankments. Precautions to be taken against Weils Disease and other infections are as follows:
a) As a general hygiene precaution always your hands and forearms thoroughly before eating, drinking, or smoking
b) Take immediate action to wash thoroughly with clean water any cut, scratch or abrasion on the skin and then apply a waterproof dressing
c) The wound or abrasion should not be allowed to come into contact with any sewage or natural surface water.
d) If the wound gets infected or you experience illness, seek medical advice and your recent activities to those taking care of you.
The following rules will apply at all times
1. Only one rod and line with no more than 2 hooks are to be used at any one time. Alternative rod and lines with terminal tackle may be assembles ready to use
2. Trout, Minnows, Sticklebacks and Migratory fish may not be weighed in.
3. Groundbait may be mixed at a competitor peg before the start of the match.
4. A competitor’s keep net may be placed in the water, but no sooner than 10 minutes before the time announced for the for the match commence.
5. Groundbait to be introduced in accordance with S&DAF Rules.
6. Keep nets must comply with E.A regulations.
7. A fish may be played up to 30 minutes after the final whistle if hooked before the end of the match.
8. Fish will be weighed by appointed stewards at the competitor’s peg. All fish dead or alive, must be returned to the water.
9. Objections may be lodged with the officials accompanied with a fee of 50p no later than 30 minutes after the competition weigh-in. The fee will be forfeited should the objection fail.
10. Objections to the prize list only evident after the list has been announced must be notified immediately.
11. Suspicious fish will only be weighed at the discretion of the stewards. The steward’s decision is final.
12. The stewards have the right to refuse to weigh any competitors catch, whose peg is not clear of litter and discarded line ect.
13. Bloodworms are allowed on all matches from 1st October to the 31st March.
14. No metal mesh weighing baskets.
Any person or persons found with fishing tackle in their possession in the confines of the parks or sites of the S&DAF waters are liable to be prosecuted under the 1968 Theft Act (eg) unlawfully taking or attempting to take or destroying any fish in the water. This rule comes into force One Hour after Sunset to One Hour before Sunrise, (see rule 17) the parks and sites are as follows:
Etherow Country Park
Poynton Pool Park
New House Farm – Bramhall
There are 4 wheelchair friendly fishing pegs available S&DAF members on Compstall Main Lodge.
Emergency Telephone Numbers
Emergency Services: Police, Fire, Ambulance 999 or 101
Greater Manchester Police 0161 872 5050
Cheshire Police 01625 536222
Environment Agency Emergency Hotline 0800 807060
Rivercall 0906 6197733
Stockport SMBC General 0161 480 4949
Emergency 0161 474 5555
There has been an increase in injuries to wildlife because of discarded fishing line. Carelessly discarded fishing line is unacceptable and in contravention of the Environment Protection Act 1990.
Discarded line or litter or failing to comply with a request to remove line or litter could result in Federation membership withdrawal and a fixed penalty fine of £50 issued by the Ranger/ Warden on site in accordance with the Act.
KEEP YOUR PEG TIDY!
NEVER LEAVE LINE BEHINDE!
STOCKPORT & DISTRICT ANGLERS FEDERATION
MEMBERS ARE INVITED TO JOIN THE OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE TO HELP RUN AND ORGANISE ANGLING EVENTS WITHIN THE FEDERATION
APPLY TO THE CLUB SECRETARY OR ANY OF THE FEDERATION OFFICERS WITHIN THE CARD
PHONE: 07775 593 144
NO WADING TO CAST ON ANY S&DAF WATERS
( This rule does NOT apply to FLY & GAME anglers )
YOU MAY WADE TO NET LARGE FISH IF THE WATER IS SHALLOW AND
FAILIURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS CONDITION OF THE LEASES OF THE LAKES COULD RESULT IN THE FEDERATION LOOSING THE RIGHTS TO FISH ON THEM IMMEDIATELY
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MOST OF THE FEDERATION WATERS ARE IN PUBLIC PARKS AND THE COMPSTALL LODGE IS A MULTIPLE USE WATER. BE COURTEOUS AT ALL TIMES AND GIVE CONSIDERATION TO OTHER USERS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHO USE THE BANKSIDE AND FOOTPATHS.
AT COMPSTALL LODGE, PLEASE PARK AT THE BACK OF THE CAR PARK (NOTE: THIS IS A PAY AND DISPLAY CAR PARK)
MEMBERS MUST NOT OBSTRUCT PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY, AS PER CONDITION OF YOUR LICENSE.
COMPLAINTS AGAINST ANGLERS OR OTHER WATER USERS SHOULD BE PUT IN WRITING TO THE FEDERATION SECRETARY WITH NAMES, DATES, AND TIMES OF THE INCIDENT. DO NOT CALL THE BAILIFF EXCEPT IN EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES. ALL PHONE CALLS MUST BE AT A REASONABLE HOUR.